Monday 11 July 2011

The Truth About Nigerian Economic Problems

The truth about the Nigerian economic problems is the only thing I believe Nigerians cannot accept.
Let me start by saying, Insanity is to keep doing what you are doing the way you're doing it and expecting a different result. With this in mind, I would like to tell you where I stand or what my opinion is concerning this country that is still living on past glory, calling itself  The Giant Of Africa. Nigeria as a country can move forward and become one of the greatest nations but the sad truth is, it will never happen. Don't get me wrong, It can, but it won't. As simple as that. And the problem with Nigeria has alot more to do with the people than the leaders.

Everybody loves to moan and groan about the problem but nobody is willing to do anything about it. The few people who have tried have either been killed or silenced in one form or another. Nobody wants to hear the truth. Nigeria is like a woman, don't want to hear the truth about Nigerian economic problems, but only what it wants to hear about itself, and as long as this continues, there will be no progression. If I should begin to itemise and write about the problems nigeria is facing today, google will probably need to increase their digital space. So all I can do at this point is tell you who/what the biggest problem in nigeria is. The People!!! Oh yes, you heard me, the people are the biggest problems facing the country. Your parent especially are the real causative organisms. This is a blog and I will not be delicate about your sensitive feelings or emotions. Like I said before, I'll say it like I see it. My parent and your parent caused all these. And we unconsciously are contributing to it.

Have you ever heard the saying, The Greatest Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing While Evil Men Do What They Want.? And the reason for this is because Nigerians have accepted religion the wrong way. Nigerians have translated religion into what it never was. Pastors, preachers, teachers of the Holy books all have missed the point. All and I mean all. A friend of mine who is very passionate about this topic (Nigerian dilemma) always posts on facebook concerning this issues. All what his respondents have to say is that God will help us. People seem to think God is a fool. I don't care how much you pray or what you believe, if you sit on your fat lazy ass all day praying like our parents did, nothing's gonna get done. People seem to have forgotten the part where it says Faith Without Works Is Dead. 


As you probably must have noticed, I'm writing in the simplest of English language so that everyone reading this article can relate to and understand it. And I'm going to be as insensitive as I can become, I really need to see everyone get over their beliefs, if they can. What is the point of writing an article or articles using lots of jargons that people have to purchase dictionaries to get the point. This is a communication medium, not a GNS or English (major) class. I can't say enough how irritated and disgusted I am when I see articles written on things like this using such big words, just so that people think you are well knowledged and know what you're saying.

Anyway, back to business. I will be writing what I think and believe is the best and permanent way forward. The only problem about this is that people will not take to it, but I could care less if they do or not. I'm only doing this as a passive contributor with no rewards in mind.

Nigerians are so scared of standing up for themselves that they hide under the umbrella of religion. Especially the Christians. Boy!! Have they got it so wrong. Let me tell you something, I have my own definition of the teachings and sayings of the scriptures. I know christians who are poorer than church rats and they still quote the psalm 34:10 where it says, according to the American standard version, 'The young lions do lack and suffer hunger, but those who seek the Lord shall not be in want of any good thing'. If the bible actually said this and we believe it is true, then why do we still have so many hungry christians? Who are they deceiving? There are so many quotes these christians use that they actually don't know what it means. Forget complicated or figurative meanings now, lets keep it simple ok! When the Holy Book says 'We work by faith and not by sight', what it means is that make your move before you are ready. That's how I translate it anyway, and not hoping or wishing things will be change while sitting on your lazy asses. Get up people and do something to change your lives. People ask 'But what can we do'? I believe if you ponder on that long enough, you will know what to do.

Les Brown is a world renowned motivational speaker and a christian and this is what he has to say



I think I know at this stage, what people are waiting for. They are waiting for the story of Moses to repeat itself. Well, if that's the case, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Its never going to happen. The recent uproars of even Arabic countries, fighting for free and fair democracy should be a wake up call for we lazy Nigerians. Nigerians are waiting for leaders whom God has appointed to change the country, you should know by now, heavens never forces itself on anyone but only those who help themselves because they have proven they deserve it.

You might be asking me, So what is the solution to the problem. there is no definite answer to this because nobody has it figured out yet, because none of us knows the true extent of the damage internally but solutions can be postulated which I will do my best to address. If you want to know steps that has to be taken to combat these besieging head and heartaches, click here. I am not saying I have the whole solution or claiming to be a God sent prophet but, when there is a problem, a solution has to be found, and the most important of all solutions is to take the first step. I will leave you here on this note. 'The journey of a thousand steps begins with a single step'.

1 comment:

  1. Religious people are afraid of going to hell, but spiritual people have been through it! That is worthy of some meditation.

    ReplyDelete